28 September 2011

Transferring Money from your bank account overseas

I have a bank account with the HSBC that was not great to set up and was a fair bit of hassle. However now it is set up I can make transfers to other accounts.

I can make transfers to my UK Bank Account and the HSBC website allows me to set up a template for this and I can just vary the money and date I wish to send. I have also set up regular payments too in this way for regular monthly bills.

The charges for me are steep to do this. To transfer funds to the UK from Doha costs me in total 106 Riyals for each transfer. To be fair to HSBC the majority of this charge is from my UK bank. Why does it cost so much for a computer transfer I have no idea?

This post is to give you some idea of the charges when you want to transfer funds from your Qatar bank account to your home country. Also that is sometimes difficult to tie down exactly how much in total you will pay as your home country bank charge is difficult to ascertain first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers