17 July 2011

Marks and Spencer in Doha

I have been to two branches of Marks and Spencer. The first one for me is in Villaggio Mall. If you park out the back then you can avoid the heat by parking nearby. It is over two levels, with menswear upstairs and downstairs for womens wear.

The other branch is in Landmark Mall out at Al Gharaffa. This is on one level and can be seen from the car park too (there is also a British Home Stores/BHS next door).

The layout and feel is much the same as the UK branches however the selection is not as good for me. And also the prices are a lot higher than in the UK as well. A pair of chinos that I bought was 250 Riyals that is about £50. In the UK I believe that I would have paid £25 to £30 for these.

There is also no food like in the UK. There is a small food area but this is mainly nuts, crisps, jams etc.

Not sure if the service/returns is as great as the UK. This was one of the big plusses about M&S in the UK.

Still worth a visit to get good quality clothes and goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers