5 June 2011

DHL Easyshop


This is a service offered by DHL who have branches around Doha including Villaggio Mall (in the entrance at the rear of the Mall) and along the Salwa Road.

Sometimes it is difficult to get books, goods etc that are available in the USA or UK for example. What this system does with DHL is to give you a mailing address in the USA/UK and you can have the goods you want delivered there after you have bought them, then DHL will ship them to you in Qatar for collection from one of their outlets. You can monitor your goods on line through the DHL website.

It gets over the hurdle of the websites/shops in the USA/UK not being able to deliver directly to you in Qatar.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian,

    I'm really interested in this service and I've already checked out Aramex. In your experience, is DHL Easy Shop very reliable? I'm also confused with the payment. If you purchase something in the United States, let's say a hard cover book, what will you pay for? Obviously, I will have to pay for the item's price, but what about taxes and all that stuff?

    Also, do you recommend DHL or Aramex? What are the pros and cons of the two?

    Thanks,

    Ernesto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested trying out DHL EasyShop. But when I check the online application and I have to specify my Location, Qatar is not there..

    Anyone else has tried this?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers