19 June 2011

Financial Advisors

What you do with your money is entirely up to you. If you want to put this under the bed then that is fine or in the bank earning interest well you take your choice.

However, it does pay I think to do a bit of financial planning and an advisor would be a good idea for you to know where to invest. I would suggest that you ask around at your work or among friends to see if they know someone they could recommend. It is also a good idea to consult three or more financial advisors to get a broader picture.

I would also say that since moving to the Middle East (Dubai and Doha) I usually get one unsolicited phone call from financial advisors a month. It is up to you whether you follow up on these. I always politely refuse. If I want to buy something, including financial advice, I do my research first and then make contact and not the other way round.

My bet is that you get a call on your new mobile phone within six weeks of arriving in Doha. Not sure how they get your number but...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers