10 October 2011

La Mer Restaurant in the Ritz Carlton

We went here for our Wedding Anniversary celebration, we did want to go during Ramadan but it was shut for the month. Therefore our anticipation was high.

This restaurant is on the 23rd floor of the hotel next door to Bar 23. The setting is splendid with lovely views, the restaurant is quiet, nice pleasant music and attentive serving staff. Unfortunately that is where the enjoyment ended.

The AC is turned up so high that I was freezing cold. We ordered our main course, no starters and had to wait nearly an hour for this to turn up. When it did, I had a small piece of beef that was good but no vegetables to speak of. I was hungry when it turned up and hungry when I had finished eating. Where were the vegetables? I do not want to look at food for long, I want to feel satisfied, and I was far from that.

My wife had fish that was OK but she left half of it and there was not much to start with. My wife's dessert was a chocolate fondant that she said was good, I had to order cheese as I was so hungry. This was so-so.

A bill of 555 Riyals was too much for so little enjoyed by so few. We won't go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers