12 October 2011

Police Stations in Doha

I have had to visit the police stations a few times due to car accidents, three times for accidents when my car was parked and once when my car was stopped at a junction.

The two police stations I have been to are at Al Maamourai Traffic Police which is near the Fish Market off the Salwa Road, the other is at the Traffic Department just off the Al Gharrafa interchange off the C Ring Road. The latter has the offices where you get your driving licence.

In my experience it is better if you go with someone who speaks Arabic as some of the policemen's English is not great and my Arabic is non existent. For women, go with a man to the police station for support.

Note that the procedures are generally in Arabic too (the forms etc) and you will have to pay some money sometime during your visit. Your ID card and/or passport are essential and for a traffic accident/violation your insurance and car registration will be required. The police accept all credit cards for fines etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers