13 January 2012

Lagoona Shopping Mall

The Lagoona Shopping Mall has had what the touchy feely marketeers call a soft opening in late 2011. Visited there in early November 2011 and it was easy to park as there were not too many people there, I also noticed that there was an underground car park too, however there was plenty of room on the ground level.

The Lagoona is next door to the Zig Zag Towers at the entrance to the Pearl and the road to the Ritz Carlton/Grand Hyatt Hotels.

The decor and feel inside the shopping centre is very nice. They have comfy seats for you to sit on where I can wait for my wife while she does research (thanks for this, so many shops/malls seem to think that everyone loves shopping that goes there and all I want is somewhere quiet to sit and read), the toilets also are very plush.

However, as to the shopping, for me it is the same old same old. Another Pari Gallery, another McDonalds, another chain store, and another chain store. All up market, no bookshops, no cozy coffee shop (with non smoking too for everyone) and no independent stores, curios etc. Does Doha really need another Mall like this one? Not for me.

The layout/design is good, but the shops are so so so so.

1 comment:

  1. I passed by the mall over the weekend and was really pleased with the whole atmosphere of the mall. Most of the stores are new in Doha, opening for the first time. The 51 East luxury department store looks amazing, the cute Sugar and Spice Café serves delicious desserts and Bert’s Café is very relaxing. I spent almost an hour and half reading my book on their leather couches listening to the mall music. Amazing ...Must be visited!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers