21 May 2011

Pier 12 Seafood Restaurant in the Ramada Hotel

After a year in Doha, I am now really getting to like the restaurants in the Ramada. Initially we went to the Chengari that was OK for us but not great. However a couple of months ago my company had a get together in the Moroccan themed Orion bar that we enjoyed very much. On that visit we spotted the Bombay Balti/Ruby Wu's that we subsequently visited.

My wife came back this week from visiting her family in Brazil so we decided to try somewhere new. Not wishing to stray too much from our home we went to the Ramada and went to Pier 12 that is a seafood restaurant on the ground floor.

The decor is light, airy and has a nautical flavour. The service was kind and attentive. The food however was fantastic. I had a prawn cocktail to start that was big prawns and very tasty. My main course was fish and chips that was of a fine standard too. The chips were made with sweet potato that was unusual. My wife ordered some hammour that was out of this world, she allowed me to pinch a piece! My dessert was fruit cocktail with lemon sorbet. A perfect fish meal.

I am not over keen on seafood, but I would thoroughly endorse this restaurant based on this trip.

The Ramada website should be visited for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers